Why become a member? ×

anyone used the line 6 live????

warwickbassman28

Hi Wbm28,

That's actually a really difficult question to answer - that's a bit like asking 'I'm painting a room, what's the best colour to do it in?' Firstly, there's personal taste - you might hate (perish the thought) the sound of an SVT stack, but love a modern SWR type sound. Also, we know nothing about the kind of gear you are plugging in to. Are you playing directly in to a PA? or do you have some backline to contend with as well? What gear are you using? I am assuming that by your ID, you play a Warwick? Obviously that will impact the tone too! - So - quite a lot to think about - and there is certainly no 'one best tone' because you have too many variables to think about.

Put it this way - grab the Line6 manual - make sure the unit is configured to run with your set up (I say that, because so many people don't bother to check first and wonder why it sounds woolly and horrible) - then IGNORE all the pre-programmed patches - they are naff! - Start dialling a few patches with your rig and find out what sounds nice and what doesnt. You'll soon start to find certain amplifier combinations that work and others that dont.

Oh - and me personally? When it comes to playing live with a backline and I am using my X3 - ALL of my bass amp sims are switched off - as I see little point in emulating a rig on the X3, when I have an amazing one stood behind me! - It's a different story if I were to use in-ears or straight to PA. I do however use guitar amp sims and cabinets for distortion patches instead of distortion pedal 'sounds' from the X3.

Hope this helps and is food for thought.

Dooooooooooooooooooooood!