Why become a member? ×

Adding a remote switch to a true bypass loop

lateralus462

Very quick question which I'm guessing may not have a simple answer - I've built a true bypass loop for the guitarist in my band and I am very pleased with the result, but he's asked me if it's possible to add a remote switch to the looper with a momentary switch that he can use for solo's - ie stamp on the switch for eq boost, play the solo and then just step off at the end. Is this possible?

I would tell him it's too much hassle, but actually I think it's a bloody good idea and if it is possible I'd like to give it a go as it's something I'd like to build for myself eventually as well if this one is ok.

Probably worth mentioning as well that the switch would need to be in a seperate box that can be placed elsewhere on the stage away from his main pedalboard!

Thanks

Chris

I've got a non-latching stomp switch in my box of bits, but I'd be wary of this scheme as he'd have to keep good even pressure on it whilst soloing else the boost would cut out again. Still you're welcome to have the switch for what I paid for it, its new, unused, and not likely to find its way into a project in the near future. Easy enough to source off ebay or the usual electronics outlets like Maplin, etc.