Why become a member? ×

Nordstrand PJ bass pickup set ** SOLD **

This came pre-installed in a hand-made bass from the US I bought a year and a half ago (the TBC in my avatar). I contacted Nordstrand to make sure they were the real deal and they confirmed they were. However, They did not say whether the J pickup was the NJ4SV or NJ4SE. I've made a guess that it's the NPJ4SE as that's what's being offered as a set on eBay.

The bass manufacturer put extra shielding on the bottom of the P pickup, in the form of copper tape.

As for what it sounds like, well I'll go for 'modern' as it doesn't sound much like the pickup in my '62 re-issue P bass or the Wilkinson P I replaced it with. It's quite powerful and 'dark' sounding and I just prefer the more traditional P sound. Took out the J pickup just to sell as a set, although I actually really like it; it has the characteristics described on the Nordstand site for the NJ4SE:

"The natural character of this design is to have a more pronounced lower midrange, and a slightly muted high end. This makes them exceptionally suited to fingerstyle players who are going for a solo bridge pickup sound with good 'bark' and 'heft'."

Not sure about price: they seem to be on sale on eBay for £155 (pre import duty) and these are in great condition, so how about [b]£80 inc postage[/b] to mainland UK.

Edit: to say which bass the pickups came in.

Edited by Sharkfinger

[quote name='Wil' post='946994' date='Sep 6 2010, 10:51 AM']Would you split? I might be interested in the P pup.[/quote]

Maybe....

Depends if there's interest in the NJ4 or lack of interest in the complete set. If so, would look at selling [b]each for £47[/b], to cover for increased postage cost.