Why become a member? ×

Stand by for action! We are about to launch Stingray!

Prime_BASS

I hope some of you got that stingray link.

I've been shopping around the used Market for weeks for a reasonably cheap and great looking Stingray. I've had a SUB but it's not the same (well it is it's just the finish and the snobbery of a stingray)
Anyway; the story was over here you are either lucky to get a good one for little money, or you buy a new one.
I did the usual eBay searches until I realised my phones eBay search didn't turn up all the basses that were listed.
I found one in america. It's White with black pickguard, my favourite colours, 3 eq and has the string mute bridge, so I can guess it's around the mid 90s.
It comes with the hard shall case.
The big sell for me was the neck, the best neck I've seen on a bass is on my jag (some light quilted flame) but this ray is Birdseyed all over it. It's almost a shame it's got a rosewood board. Its got a few dinks which can explain the nice price I paid for it.
Even after it gets here and after postage, Import and handly charges it should work out to hopefully £100 cheaper than used price over here.

I can't wait. I just have to sell my SUB now :) and my spare Delano pup.

So ;
3EQ
White/black
Rosewood on birdseye maple neck
Spare SD bassline P/U
String mute pad Bridge
Hipshot D-tuner
Hard Shell Case
That's a lot of bass me thinks.
I'll get pics if I can.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='945935' date='Sep 5 2010, 09:53 AM']Another one who has moved from the SUB-sidance! Great looking necks around that time.Somewhere on here is thread suggesting that era of Stingray will be next in line after the pre EB's for the prices to go up in comparison to the newer ones like my 2002.Along with early Leo era G&L's. :)[/quote]

Don't get me wrong I love the SUB to pieces, it's like when I had a Gibson melody maker, it was only £375 new but you could feel it was crafted in the US and for £375 it was better than almost anything I could of ha at the time.
Like with the SUB, the only thing I don't like is the finish, but at the same time it gives it it's character, it's like the grungy younger brother to a refined gentleman.

I'm sure that's you predicting that? :rolleyes:
I do see where you are coming from though as I've seen slot of mid 90s rays with the mute paded bridge. The neck is wonderful though, I can't wait. Im expecting it in around 2 weeks!