Why become a member? ×

SOLD: SWR WorkingPro 700 & SWR Triad

benh

Hi all,

Up for sale is my trusty SWR rig in gigged condition, comprising of a WorkingPro 700 head and a Triad cab.

The WorkingPro 700 is rated 700W @ 4 ohms (450W @ 8 ohms), by far the most reliable head I've ever had, but unfortunately has to go due to monetary and space requirements :)

Here's the blurb from SWR:

"Features: 700 watts @ 4 ohms, classic SWR preamp with Aural Enhancer, Bass Intensifier circuit, four-band Active EQ with variable midrange, tuner send with tuning mute switch, studio-quality XLR out with ground lift and level pad, automatic limiter with defeat option, effects loop with blend control, stereo headphones out, dual Speakon and 1/4” speaker outputs."

The Triad is a two chamber, three way cabinet comprising of 1x15" + 1x10" + tweeter. It's rated 400W power handling, but I've used this as my rig for 3 years now and never had any problems - I've never experienced any worrying speaker distortions even at high volume.

The SWR blurb for the Triad:

"A two-chamber, true three-way cabinet that provides full range, uncolored, exacting, highly accurate tone. Offering the best of all worlds, this cab is loaded with a custom SWR 15-inch driver, 10-inch driver, and high-frequency tweeter, and each is crossed over at the optimum point, making it extra sweet across the full-frequency spectrum. Simply put, the Triad does the hard work of properly separating frequencies into specific drivers for you. Best used either by itself, or in combination with another Triad"

I will be sad to see it go, it's been the most reliable set up I've owned so far, but I don't have the need or the space for it any more :rolleyes:
Is a perfect "pub gig" setup for anyone starting out gigging.

Looking for £500 or thereabouts for both together. Local collection would be preferred (from Bridlington, East Yorkshire) but would be happy to split courier costs with the buyer. Will upload some photos when I get chance!

EDIT: Price drop for quick sale. Pics to follow.

Edited by benh

More pics to follow.

EDIT: Will mention before I forget, that the rack case in the pic has now been sold, but if couriered I will make sure the amp is packaged extremely well to prevent any damage. Edited by benh

Would rather not split, but if I get no interest for both together I'll let you know.

[quote name='Spacehog' post='947505' date='Sep 6 2010, 06:55 PM']would you consider splitting them?
I'd like the head only

Spacehog[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...