Why become a member? ×

Aria SB-60R

iconic

With the aid of the great advice I received earlier I have set up the Aria....neck was spot on, but strings were 3mm too high :) ....maybe we don't all like a low action? Running a set of 'new old stock' Swing Bass Rotosounds that I simply hate but have done less than 10 mins work on 3 Yamahas and a VMJ and no name thing....I forgot how rough these strings are :wacko:

Question: I would now like to raise to my pup, I have removed the 4 securing screws and the pup moves around a little up and down but something seems to be holding the pup in...I thought there would only be springs or foam under the pup, maybe the foam has degraded and is sticking to the body and pup?

Any ideas gentlemen?

PS: I'm actually thinking this bass is too good for me, it's got soooooo much sustain it makes me realise how bad my string muting is :rolleyes:

....but lovely fast neck, wonderful low action now and quite an 'individual tone' plus beautifully built.... I find it hard to believe this bass is nearing it's 30th birthday soon.

...I think the pup switch must act as a series/parallel switch, more trebley in one mode and quieter but deeper in other mode....

[quote name='iconic' post='942226' date='Sep 1 2010, 03:23 PM']just needed a bigger tug on my pup, the foam pup buffer had 28 years of sticktion on it![/quote]
I do like tugging a pup.

If the foam's gone a bit yuk (or more likely solid), hight ye unto Tesco and liberate therefrom an Value Mousemat. Slice it up with a big sharp knife & you're done.

Also, now that you've un-gunked the pickup bolts, watch 'em like a hawk. One of them will be rogue & will try to escape.