Why become a member? ×

Dean Edge 5

brycebites

Here is my Dean Edge 5 up for sale.

I bought it around 2003 then sold it in 2007 IIRC. I missed it after selling it, then bought it back last year. The trouble is, even though it is so nice to play, I don't. Really because I'm more of a 4 stringer at heart.

It's got a basswood body with the original Dean pickups and a Seymour Duncan STC P3 preamp (3 band with adjustable slap contour) and currently sports DR Purple Passion strings (yeah - nice and tarty! :) ).

They playability of this bass is for me the nicest 5 string I've played. A lovely 35" rather flat 5-piece neck with a good weight to the bass.

It's in good condition with a couple of scratches but nothing to write home about, and has a nicely worn in neck.

I'm after £220 and it comes with the leather strap, Schaller strap lock and a hard case.
I'd rather meet up or have collection from Bristol.

Edited by brycebites

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='MoJoKe' post='1098634' date='Jan 22 2011, 01:29 PM']I owned this one too, bought from Brycebites!! This really is a lovely, playable five string. At this price this is [b]great [/b]value and would make for an ideal "first" fiver.

++1 for this bass!! Buy it!![/quote]

P.S. Mrs Mojoke named her "Beryl" the purple peril!!

• 2 months later...

I'd possibly be interested in a swap for my Dean q4 Bartolini (Tiger's Eye Quilt Maple - pics can be supplied on request), it never gets played as I have my Warwick these days, though I fear the same may happen to this one if I got it off you. It's also in fantastic condition, as I never gigged before I owned my Warwick. Let me know if you'd be interested and I will have a serious think.

[quote name='brycebites' post='1198395' date='Apr 13 2011, 04:42 PM']Is that an epiphone thunderbird or gibson? I have a "well used" thunderbird I might let go of.[/quote]

Either, though realistically my budget stretches more to epiphone, see my post in the wanted, section!

[quote name='rmshaw37' post='1197759' date='Apr 13 2011, 07:52 AM']Could I ask for the nut width and string spacing at bridge please?[/quote]

The nut width from centre of the B and G strings is 35mm and the string spacing at the bridge looks to be 15mm (which explains why it#'s so easy to play I guess).

[quote name='dc2009' post='1198557' date='Apr 13 2011, 07:05 PM']Either, though realistically my budget stretches more to epiphone, see my post in the wanted, section![/quote]

I will. :)

[quote name='Axebassmurderer' post='1198448' date='Apr 13 2011, 05:24 PM']Hi is this still for sale?[/quote]

Yup, at the moment.