Why become a member? ×

Which cab

gilmour

Hi All,

I'm after a bit of Cab advice, I've just got myself an Eden Time Traveller and I'm looking for a Cab (or two) to accompany it.

It's currently going through a Peavey Black Widow 1x15 300W @ 4 Ohm, but feel that this probably isn't doing it justice.

I'm quite tempted to go either for a 4x10 or 2x10 and a smaller 1x15 (I can't use the Peavey inthe combination as it is 4ohm). I think I want something with more punch (was using an SWR 8x8 the other day v.nice, but can't afford or be bothered with lugging one of them around)

I can't get Eden stuff as they have no distributor in this country, Andertons have some 1x15's in but I don't see the point in replacing one 1x15 with another (although could be tempted if I could find a 2x10 to go with it)

I don't have a fortune to spend, maybe around £300 - £400 any suggestions

thanks

Friend of mine has a Time Traveller head he puts through a Hartke 4x10 and it sounds fantastic. They seem to complement each other really well. Think it was a 410XL which can be found new for about £269 but the 4.5XL is supposed to be great too if you can manage the extra weight. Thats about £299 I think.

[quote name='gilmour' post='106273' date='Dec 18 2007, 11:51 PM']I can't get Eden stuff as they have no distributor in this country, Andertons have some 1x15's in but I don't see the point in replacing one 1x15 with another (although could be tempted if I could find a 2x10 to go with it)[/quote]
I spoke to Eden about this the other day and they said get onto the Bass Gallery - looks like they've just had a shipment in of a fair few bits and bobs. Haven't calle dthem myself yet (thinking a trip up there over Xmas is the way forward!) but give them a go.