Why become a member? ×

Fender 76 P bass on Ebay

davebass66

Hey guys, been watching this bass for a few days and watching the price drop.....I emailed the guy for some more info on what i thought was a refin but he says is not?! serial no. on neckplate, apparently plays well with no fret wear....Scratch plate looks like a bad fit...is this normal on old fenders?
Check out the pics.....Any advice would be appreciated!

Dave

Thats the brightest "origonal" sonic blue i have ever seen. I think either the body has been refinished or the scratchplate has been changed. From the state of that blue i think its a refin. Anything under £1000 would be good for a 70's p bass refin or not

Edited by blackmn90

[quote name='davebass66' post='939813' date='Aug 30 2010, 10:18 AM']Hey guys, been watching this bass for a few days and watching the price drop.....I emailed the guy for some more info on what i thought was a refin but he says is not?! serial no. on neckplate, apparently plays well with no fret wear....Scratch plate looks like a bad fit...is this normal on old fenders?
Check out the pics.....Any advice would be appreciated!

Dave[/quote]

I asked the guy for some additional photos of the neck cavity, heel, pots and underside of the scratch plate to determine the authenticity with serials etc..... He refused to dismantle the bass. When i asked how one would know its authenticity prior to bidding, things became really silent..... Make of that what you will.......