Why become a member? ×

Ashdown MAG 400

TheDisparities

Im thinking about seling my Ahdown amp, and the cab as well but thats a different matter, how much should i ask for whilst still sounding reasonable? Its about 5 years old and quite good condition. The reason why its posted on here and not marketplace, is because im not selling quite yet. Cheers guys,
Chris

Edited by TheDisparities

Some further detail is always going to help I guess, head or combo? If combo, what speaker config? Will you post? Any issues? Any pics? Define 'quite good' condition.

I know sometimes I can go overboard on detail when selling, but more information should lead people into a more informed decision over whether to buy or not!

Cheers,
James

[quote name='Moos3h' post='939064' date='Aug 28 2010, 10:06 PM']Some further detail is always going to help I guess, head or combo? If combo, what speaker config? Will you post? Any issues? Any pics? Define 'quite good' condition.

I know sometimes I can go overboard on detail when selling, but more information should lead people into a more informed decision over whether to buy or not!

Cheers,
James[/quote]
It would probably be just the head cos I have a REALLY old LE series amp thats so heavy, and yeah ill post on here when i sell it. Only one small issue, the bass level knob has bent slightly so its a little harder to turn it past 80%, but not impossible at all. Thats pretty much all the issues that cause it to be in quite good condition. There are cobwebs inside the cab, but it doesnt alter the sound at all. No pics atm, but will send you some if you want.
Chris

Well, it would always depend on decent pics being available, but if it helps I saw a MAG 400 (which I nearly bought) on sale in Wants in Exeter for £150 yesterday with a 3 month warranty so that should give you a ballpark figure for what you'd be likely to get for it?

[quote name='Moos3h' post='939079' date='Aug 28 2010, 10:31 PM']Well, it would always depend on decent pics being available, but if it helps I saw a MAG 400 (which I nearly bought) on sale in Wants in Exeter for £150 yesterday with a 3 month warranty so that should give you a ballpark figure for what you'd be likely to get for it?[/quote]
Ah right, was that one new then?

Nope, they are one of those Crack Convertor type places that pawn Jewellery etc! However, they have one bloke that works there (and has done for years) who is a keen muso, so knows enough to only buy in the things that are worthwhile and will sell...doesn't stop them having a few hideous guitars around the place, mind!

MAG 400 is long discontinued, the red face UK built ones being replaced with the MAG300 and MAG600 both largely made in China, although some UK built stock does surface from time to time.

Get some pics up, but depending on price I would be interested as I have a soft spot (not necessarily shared here, oddly) for the MAG tone.

Cheers,
James

[quote name='Moos3h' post='939082' date='Aug 28 2010, 10:38 PM']Nope, they are one of those Crack Convertor type places that pawn Jewellery etc! However, they have one bloke that works there (and has done for years) who is a keen muso, so knows enough to only buy in the things that are worthwhile and will sell...doesn't stop them having a few hideous guitars around the place, mind!

MAG 400 is long discontinued, the red face UK built ones being replaced with the MAG300 and MAG600 both largely made in China, although some UK built stock does surface from time to time.

Get some pics up, but depending on price I would be interested as I have a soft spot (not necessarily shared here, oddly) for the MAG tone.

Cheers,
James[/quote]
Ok mate will do. Keep a watch on your mail, ill send you a few pictures if i can do that on here. It all depends on the band splitting which im pretty sure it will, but it could be about a week. Is that cool?
Chris