Why become a member? ×

M9 and expression pedal question

1976fenderhead

I'm using the M9 with a Bespeco volume pedal for expression (20k). Whenever I plug it in, I stop being able to reach maximum values whether with the pedal or using the knobs, i.e., the bars only 'fill up' to a point just below maximum, leaving a couple of pixels blank. Minimum levels work as normal.

So the bars can be full, but as soon as I touch the pedal or the knob they start ending slightly below max. Is this normal? Is it a problem with using this pedal with it?

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='937682' date='Aug 26 2010, 11:41 PM']Weird. I'm using a Bespeco VM-19L with my M9, no such issues.

So even using the knob you can't set a param at max? Or does it just drop below max when you touch the pedal / can't reach max with your toe down?[/quote]

I'm using a VM-12L. Any effect I select that for example has a certain parameter at max, with the exp. plugged in will already appear less than max even before I do anything else. But just found the cause: Something wrong with the patch cable! I noticed as I wiggled it the bar moved a bit back and forth. Tried a couple of other cables, no problem, every time I go back to that one it happens. It's a pretty good Adam Hall cable with switchcraft plugs, wtf? What was that doing to my tone when I used it between pedals??? All other Adam Hall cables I tried have no such problem... So much for my plan of buying a cheap cable for the exp. because it wouldn't matter... Any idea what in the cable could be causing this? I notice no problems when I use it between pedals??!!!

Edited by 1976fenderhead