Why become a member? ×

OBBM- a true Gentleman of Basschat

Old Horse Murphy

I know Dave (OBBM) has a feedback topic already, but I just wanted to write something to express my gratitude to him.

In the 3 years I've been frequenting Basschat, I have made a number of real and "virtual" friends online and having recently lost one of those virtual friends the forum has been a much colder place IMHO.

Having known Dave for those 3 years over which time I have bought, sold, traded, visited, sought advice from and watched him gig, he is someone I have considered to be a friend for some time.

Anyway, I recently posted a topic seeking help in rewiring a Stingray back to the original configuration. I had a number of replies offering help and assistance for which I'm grateful. Dave actually offered not only to help, but to do the work himself!!

I took the bass around on Sunday and left it with him to perform his magic. Despite redecorating the house and fulfilling orders for his excellent cable business, Dave PM'd me today to tell me all the work was done and it was ready to be picked up.

He had repaired the broken circuit board, emailed Ernie Ball to get the wiring diagrams and reinstalled the preamp completely free of charge and wouldn't accept a penny from me.

I am totally overwhelmed by his technical expertise but most of all by his generosity and wanted to share a very pleasant, positive experience in what has been a pretty miserable time on Basschat.

Thanks again Dave :)

+1

Well said Nick!

I can only add to that by saying that when i first met Dave (at the SE Bass Bash in Guildford in 2007), he made me feel very welcome and helped me really enjoy the day, which was great because it was the first bass bash i'd been to and I was a tad nervous at the start..

Every time i've met or spoken to Dave since then, he's been exactly as Nick described; a very kind, knowledgable and supportive member of this bass community which he's made a huge contribution to over the last few years!