Why become a member? ×

Bluesy rock thing

deathpanda

So yesterday I had the guitarist from the blues band I'm in to come lay down some guitar in my home studio (I say home studio, I mean an amp, audio interface and Reaper). We jammed for a bit and came up with the riffs and got a rough structure down. Some parts work really well in my opinion, whilst some I'm unsure of. Composition and arrangement has never been my strong point, so any critique and advice is appreciated. Once we get a final structure down we will take care to get decent tones (I'll get him to bring his valve amp and I'll mic it up).

Should also mention; there's no bass yet... I have way too much ideas for it, and I can't decide on what to use. There's that and the fact I have trouble getting a formidable bass tone.

From a production standpoint, it's compressed to hell as I don't have much experience with mastering (or production for that matter).

[attachment=57239:Untitled...astered_.mp3]

OK I'll have a go. It's a blues rock composition so the most dull thing it could do would be a straight I IV V with lots of distortion. Fortunately it doesn't do that and goes other places in the main part (quite Bonamassa like) with a nice riff and goes somewhere else in the bridge section (opportunity for some interesting bass here). Ultimately a song of this nature is down to the riff (good riff here), vocals (none at the moment) and the guitar solo (didn't listen to it all so missed it if there was one). I reckon you've got a good solid start there and it'd be good to hear the final product.