Why become a member? ×

New Material!

teen t-shirt

Hey there

well i've been playing bass since well bout july...

and i've got most of the techniques i think i need, i have warm ups and warm downs....

i know about 10 songs but to be honest their getting a bit old now and i was wondering if u folks could give me any ideas of new techniques or new songs to learn...

i currently know finger style, picking, and a bit of pull and slap..

song wise i play rock but i am open to suggestions of jazz and perhaps some R n B

i'm looking to extend my current ten song long set to about 15 or 17 just to give more variety.

write back please with ur opinions.

:) :huh:

Edited by teen t-shirt

I strongly recommend writing your own stuff! Better still, join a band and learn their stuff... 'tis better to be able to pick stuff up and play along with a song you've never heard before than to have a massive repertoire of other people's songs you may well never use - with that in mind, I do learn new songs quite often, but that's more of an exercise in learning stuff than trying to expand my repertoire - the only point in remembering songs you'll never play on stage is so that you have something to play when you're not doing something more important... I think