Why become a member? ×

Help needed identifying a bass neck!!

dazza1414

I have a bass neck that i bought to make myself a Telecaster bass with and when i bought it it had a strange decal on it.
It says "Fender Telecaster Bass" but the words "Fender" and "Bass" are written in the same style while "Telelcaster" is written in black.
I was describing the decal to a friend of mine so i eventually found a pic of one like it on Google but i don't know anything about it. Wikipedia describes it as one of the three decals used in Fenders production but does anyone know anything about this???
Any help gratefully recieved.

[url="http://media.photobucket.com/image/tele%20bass%20neck/shadifrick/Headstock.jpg"]http://media.photobucket.com/image/tele%20...k/Headstock.jpg[/url]
Above is a link to the only picture i have found of this decal...

I think that was the logo that Fender used on the Telecaster Bass,which was very similar bass to the original 50's style
Precision. I've seen a similar logo on the Telecaster II,but with an added 'II' obviously.

I could be wrong though.

But is it the 'real deal'?
I don't want to put it onto a cheap body that i've refinished myself if it's worth a couple of hundred quid or something.
The bass is going to be the one i carry around to rehearsals so it'll get knocked and scuffed around don't want to do that if it's an antique neck!

[quote name='dazza1414' post='927572' date='Aug 17 2010, 02:12 PM']But is it the 'real deal'?
I don't want to put it onto a cheap body that i've refinished myself if it's worth a couple of hundred quid or something.
The bass is going to be the one i carry around to rehearsals so it'll get knocked and scuffed around don't want to do that if it's an antique neck![/quote]

Wouldnt the fender necks have a date stamped on the underside of the neck?