Why become a member? ×

Mark Bass Club Series

JMT3781

I haven't heard much about these cabs, i saw the 1x12's in bass direct and wasn't too interested..

Anyway, my Dad has informed me he has just ordered a 2x10 and 1x15 into the shop, and a little mark to power it, with the idea of selling it as a compact stack.

I'm actually excited to try it out :)

So i'll post some thoughts, hopefully it will arrive today or tommorrow

I've tried out both the 2x10 and 1x12 (not had chance with th 15 yet) resently as im looking for a light weight portable rig and I have to say I was really impressed with them both. I just sold my mark bass 4x10 and am seriously considering the 2x10 as a replacement.

They both sound great and you can achieve the same sounds out of both just with the 2x10 being that bit more efficent. They are both supprisingly light even for a lightweight cab as well.

Edited by basskay1

I had a quick play earlier today. First impressions that its a nice thin sort of rig, but still quite tall. The 2x10 is bright and chirpy, not overly impressed by the 15 though.. but i'm gonna spend some more time with it saturday, so maybe i can be a little more constructive..

Had a good chance to try it all out today... very very impressed.

The 1x15 is actually very good, and so so so light! Works well standing up and lying on its side, but not so good in the kick back configuration.
The horn control is good, can go from zingy to quite vintagey sounding.
The 2x10 is also very light, not sure if i'd be comfortable using it on its own, but with the 15 it works really nicely.
Putting both cabs on their side and stacking them is the best config i think.
Only bad point, the 1x15 has yellow piping, which looks ace, but the 2x10 has black piping, which ruins the effect.