Why become a member? ×

Paintwork/body repair on Fender Geddy Lee Bass

basskit_case

I have my Fender Geddy Lee up for sale on this site [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=97904"]here[/url].

It has a couple of gashes in the paintwork that go down to the bare wood, I have got as far as levelling the holes up with black nail polish, but dont want to go any further for fear of doing even worse damage to the finish.

Can you anybody recommend anybody in Suffolk/North Essex that could undertake this type of repair?

Cheers

[quote name='basskit_case' post='922850' date='Aug 12 2010, 03:22 PM']I have my Fender Geddy Lee up for sale on this site [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=97904"]here[/url].

It has a couple of gashes in the paintwork that go down to the bare wood, I have got as far as levelling the holes up with black nail polish, but dont want to go any further for fear of doing even worse damage to the finish.

Can you anybody recommend anybody in Suffolk/North Essex that could undertake this type of repair?

Cheers[/quote]

Noticed no-one's replied to this. I can't recommend a repairer I'm afraid, but I would say perhaps you'd be better off filling til the colour is fully black but not to level, and using a clear coat on top. Don't know whether clear nail polish would be suitable for this or not! Also, I have had no problem roughing up a Fender finish with paper to get some scratches out, then working through wet sanding up to 1500 before switching to the Halford's rubbing compound, then T cut. This gave a glass-smooth finish on a repair I made using superglue.