Why become a member? ×

Line 6 Toneport KB37

paul h

On the very rare occasion I post something in this forum, it is always something I have programmed in Reason 3.

This time it's different! I have recently pulled the trigger on the KB37 which is a midi keyboard and external sound card/audio interface thingy. The idea is that those of us with crappy computers can circumnavigate the old latency issue.

Well, I am here to report...it works!

Bundled with the KB37 you get Ableton Live Lite 6. This version is limited to 4 audio tracks and probably is limited in other ways I have yet to discover.

You also get Gearbox. A nifty little amp modelling gizmo. However, I think all the bass amps are pretty rubbish but the guitar sounds are just marvelous!

So here is a little ditty I wrote this afternoon.

[attachment=4102:happything.mp3]

Drums programmed in Reason 3. Bass is my Aerodyne through a Zoom B2 using the limiter patch and a touch of reverb, with no other effects. The guitar is my £110 Gould "reliced" telecaster straight into the KB37 using a British Metal amp model. No midi part...because I can't get it Rewired properly.

Many apologies for the playing...and for the music. it's strange, in a happy kind of way. And sorry for the sudden ending. I haven't worked out how to fade out an arrangement yet!

p.