Why become a member? ×

Fender P Bass 1980(ish!)

lobematt

I'm selling this for a friend, if I had the money it wouldn't have made it onto the forums!

Here we have my beautiful Fender P-Bass - an eighteenth birthday present which I’m ashamed to say has been often admired but little played to its full capability.

This is the special edition version. It uses a split-coil pickup with white covers and a 2-band EQ with an active/passive toggle switch to give it an incredibly dynamic sound. With a simple flick of the switch, you can change the entire range of your sound making it one of the most flexible and versatile bass guitars around. It keeps itself in tune very nicely and rarely requires attention aside from the odd battery change for the active pickups!

Manufactured in the United States, it’s dated between 1979-1981 (as per the serial number), but being special edition I’d suggest we’re looking 1980. Beautifully finished in an Ocean Turquoise colour, it has a fast, easy maple fretboard.

It’s in really good condition overall with no major blemishes or scars despite its 30 years history. Included with the sale is its own Fender hard case lined with rich red velvet.

I’d have to say that this is one of the finest musical instruments I’ve ever played and I sorely regret having to put it on sale, but redundancy is on the cards and it’s a stunning luxury that I can no longer afford to keep.. Produced in the best location, during one of the greatest decades for Fender bass guitars, it really is true to say that they don’t make them like this anymore.

If you want any further information, or have any questions, please feel free to ask.]

I used to have one of these - perfect sound, but can be a tad heavy. The neck on mine was quite similar to a modern precision - nothing like the pancake necks of the Elites!!

Don't think that's the original case either.

Would love another, but can't get on with heavy basses or Precision necks.