Why become a member? ×

gigs for 2008 please? thankyou please

john_the_bass

Ok - can't really find a suitable forum for this - I'd like to put it into general discussion, but I don't think it goes there and I don't think it's really for the gigs forum.

[url="http://www.myspace.com/27brigade"][u]27brigade[/u][/url] (that's my band) have had a bit of a lazy 2007, we've done a bit of recording, supported a couple of major label acts and generally kept outselves amused, but I think we should make a bit more of an effort next year.

Basically, I want us to start playing outside Leicestershire - nothing against the county, it is after all my home, but I would like to see what the scenes are where you live and would like to ask if you have room on your bills for us.
I would like to try and get gigs for 2008 in:

London
Derby
Birmingham
Sheffield
Stoke
Liverpool
Manchester
Leeds

Newcastle, Scotland and the South Coast would also be nice, but would probably require an overnight stay and our guitarist/front man would have to square with his boss (mrs).

Have a listen at [url="http://www.myspace.com/27brigade"]www.myspace.com/27brigade[/url] and if you like us, drop me a line. We do the usual sort of 45 minute set (8-10 songs) so sit well on a bill of three bands playing original stuff.

I will keep plugging away with CDs to venues/promoters, but I'm getting f*cked off with the "how many people can you get through the door?" question - I'm not going to start bullshitting promoters and telling them literally thousands of people will be queuing up outside to get in, because it's not true - our fanbase will increase as we play to a wider audience - we have a small (2.5k) myspace fanbase (mainly people who don't know who we are, don't read what we write and ocassionally have a listen to the new stuff) and so we can promote any shows we have booked in. We can bring our own gear (we'd like to share the drums if that's ok and if I can possibly get away with just bringing a head, even better :)) and we're usually very flexible and extremely well mannered. Weekdays are a bit of a bummer if we have to travel any further than Derby or Birmingham as we all have to work so it's a nightmare to get anywhere more than 50 miles for a soundcheck and to get home to get up in the morning so Fridays/Saturdays are ace.

I know this is the lazy bugger's approach, but I thought it might work and I seem to be only contacting promoters who want me to put on a coach every time we look for gigs.

Cheers

Edited by john_the_bass