Why become a member? ×

oh no!!

rmshaw37

i went to nottingham today in search of a cheap 5 stringer

one shop has the schecter omen extreme - sounds crap but plays and with the strap on its SO comfortable!
next shop - epiphone thunderbird pro 5 - sounds like a million pounds, bit harder to play, slightly wobbly B string, and forget about standing up with it!

is there a bass out there that sounds like the t bird pro but plays like the schecter? choice aint an abundance round here!

remember - preferably sub £500

GO!

lol

you might want to think about second hand to get some quality under 500 Greens.
a few places to try for second-hand and for new would be
- Music Inn on Alfreton Rd (Bev and Carol the owners are both very safe people to deal with)
- Hot Rox near Sneinton Market (Matt and Mark the owner are both sound blokes)
- Electro Music in Doncaster (definitely worth the trip - Dave is a good man)
- Fat Cat in Mansfield (keep your wits about you though or you may get the short end of the stick; but he does have good gear)
- Another instrument shop in Mansfield not far from the Market Square (can't remember the name though; but you'll get a fair deal there)
- I would avoid that outrageously over-priced guitar shop for tourists and rich kids in Hockley; you won't get anything good there for under £500
- Millenium Music at bottom of Hockley might be OK, as might The Drum Centre shop round the corner; but all a bit mediocre in those shops I reckon.

Good luck