Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

PA amplification/outboard to go

Ian Savage

...but any mentalist bassist could do a lot worse than this in their preamp section! The CSA are out to kill me, so I'm breaking up my PA rig :)

Top to bottom-

2 x Rane M30 mono graphic equalisers - US-made, balanced/unbalanced jack connections, 6dB/12dB range switches as well as EQ defeat switches. [b]£40 each or both for £75.[/b]

Behringer MDX2000 Composer stereo/dual-mono compressor, fully balanced connectors throughout (jack and XLR in/outs for the two compressor sections, plus balanced jack in/outs for the sidechain connections); loads of control, one of the 'original' models before the Composer Pro and whathaveyou came along which are generally regarded to be not as good! [b]£30. [/b]

And the afore-mentioned QSC USA850 amp, an absolute workhorse albeit fairly basic - balanced jack and binding post inputs, binding post/banana plug outputs. Provides 425W per channel into 4 ohms (that's real Watts, not Disney Watts :rolleyes:), 270W into 8 ohms - a bit tatty cosmetically, this one (a bit of rack-rash that's become oxidised, a few marks on the chassis) but works perfectly! [b]£120[/b] if you can collect it, might cost a tenner or so in postage as it's not light.

User manual here: [url="http://media.qscaudio.com/pdfs/manuals/discontinued/USA_legacy_manual.pdf"]http://media.qscaudio.com/pdfs/manuals/dis...gacy_manual.pdf[/url]

I'm in Walsall, West Midlands for collection or trying-out, and could throw in a few goodies for anyone wanting them PDQ - got the 1m 12-way loom I made up for the effects units (2 x insert send/returns for the compressor, four balanced sends for the EQs (as well as the other two EQs I was planning to add) and another four which I'd made up unbalanced for an outboard stereo effects unit - I'll throw that in if anyone wants the two EQs and the compressor together. And for anyone wanting the amp, I'll throw in the two heavy-duty speaker cables I've been using with it (roughly 4m and 7m, terminated in Speakons).

Hit me up with any sensible offers, the bastards truly are out to grind me down again...