Why become a member? ×

Hofner Icon B bass

k3rmit

heya guys, im new to the forums!!
I just wanna run through stuff, need some help !!

i wanted to buy a light bass for gigs, but only wanted something cheap, but with a different look
i was originally looking at the epi viola bass
but reading on i found out you could purchase a hofner bass, albeit its chinese made, therefore making it cheaper
its around $349 in the usa
just wondering, if anybody has seen it on any uk based guitar sales site? i havent :)
if not, would it be better goin for another bass (recomendations please) or go for the import?

thanks for any feedback. (thats probably the most ive ever typed for a forum post!)

Hi there - welcome to the forum! :)

I had no idea Hofner were doing these, and the briefest of looks on google doesn't seem hopeful for them being available in the UK at the moment.

However, about a year ago there was a real spate of people on the boards (or rather another incarnation of it) buying and raving about the quality of the Harley Benton BeatBass - [url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_beatbass.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_beatbass.htm[/url]

It's a Hofner copy and, best of all, it's dirt cheap!

Hi there, yes the ICON series Hofner is the cheapest US market only Hofner. They also do the contemporary series, which is much better quality. I have a Hofner contemporary violin bass for sale in as new condition with a genuine Hofner gig bag if you're interested. (Took me 3 months to get the damned case!) I'm after £325 ono for it. It's the black one with the white beading around the edges, btw.