Why become a member? ×

FOR SALE - Status Electro (Mk 1)

Hazy Bass

Thinking about selling my Status Electro, as I'm not really playing it much these days.

It has been my main bass for the last 2 or 3 years, but I started on EUB a few months ago, which gives me the acoustic sound that I originally got the Status for, so I'm now using my Jazz as my main BG as this gives a nice contrast with the EUB.

The Electro is a beautiful bass, and is a much more acoustic-inspired guitar than the typical Status.

The Mark 1 is fitted with just a piezo pickup (later version have piezo plus magnetic), which coupled with the black nylon flatwounds gives a really warm acoustic tone, but with enough punch & clarity to cut through a mix. I use it in a line-up with acoustic guitar, mandolin, vocals and drums, and it sits perfectly.

It's also very well balanced & very light - I have no problems playing 2 to 3 hours in an evening & still don't feel it.

I bought it used from Andertons in Guildford 2 or 3 years ago, and I've never seen another one, so I'm a bit unsure as to their value.

The current version (Mark 3 I think) retails for around £1650 (last I looked), so I'm thinking around £650 ... comes with original Status gig bag, but that's a bit flimsy, so I'm happy to throw in a heavier duty Ritter or similar bag too.

Prefer collection, but will investigate shipping if required.

Edited by makssbass

Good point about the strings - Status black nylons sell direct from their website at £16.99 a set (4-string) - a relative bargain in the bass string world! I fitted a new set a few months back (40 - 100 gauge) - they are also available in 45 - 105 gauge.

• 2 months later...

***** STILL AVAILABLE *****

Didn't have any takers last time round, so trying again ...

Maybe the price was a bit high, so have decided I will accept £570 + shipping if you want it delivered ...

It really is a fabulous instrument, I'm just not playing it and I have some other things to pay for :)