Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Slimming down the kit

faceman

Evening folks,

The good news of this week has been that I have been accepted as a last-minute student to do an Investigative Journalism MA at City of London University. May not sound grand but it's excellent for journalism and I'm very much looking forward to it.

The bad news is that I need £7,800 in fees, plus living costs :) I'm probably going to sell my car (hopefully £4,000) and most likely some bass gear. The living costs are the important one, I'll probably be able to get a loan for most of the fees but along side a summer job, I need to raise some funds! At the moment, I own...

Pre-EB MusicMan StingRay '83 (bit of a parts bass, I am *not* selling this as I love this beast! When I'm not playing, I often think about how good it sounds and feels in my hands. Never played anything else like it.)
Rickenbacker 4003 (was bought by my grandma but the neck is too big these days and I'm not a fan)
Little Mark II
Ampeg 15" cabinet
Ashdown Electric Blue 12" 180W combo

Now, I want to keep enough stuff so I can gig if required, and hopefully I will get somethign sorted down south.

All the venues I have played are small so I don't need too much. My immediate thought is to sell the Rickenbacker (£1,300 maybe?!) and all the amplification gear and get a slightly larger combo. I've played a Ampeg 15 combo at a gig at it was fantastic, although I think a StingRay would be better with a 2x10 of sorts? The LM is very small but it's worth £300 and the money could be better used elsewhere.

All thoughts are welcome (plus if you have anything you want investigating or any other funding sources, do let me know)

:rolleyes:

EDIT - I've also got Boss Overdrive, Chorus, Behriner Digital Delay and Chromatic Tuner (plus a PSU) I can also sell!

Edited by faceman