Why become a member? ×

Rub The Lamp

Pete Academy

[quote name='Rich' post='896339' date='Jul 16 2010, 10:42 AM']OK, if we're talking real magic lamp fantasy stuff... I'd like a 5 string fretted bass that could be made fretless at the flick of a switch, with Delanos and an East eq [i]plus[/i] the innards from a Line6 Variax bass.[/quote]

Thought you knew about the Mikey Convertible Bass with the fret lever :)
[url="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4834310257765651103#"]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4...10257765651103#[/url]
the rest is relatively easy....

Edit: Pete got there first :rolleyes:

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='BigRedX' post='896263' date='Jul 16 2010, 09:11 AM']One of the things I would like to do if I found myself with stupid amounts of disposable income to spend on musical instruments would be to have some of my favourite basses made in 5-string versions.

So to start off: I'd like an Ovation Magnum 1, which is identical in every way to the original instrument except that it has 5 strings and a suitably wider neck and slightly modified headstock to accommodate the extra string.[/quote]

may have to second that, just mine would be a 5 string gene simmons punisher! not to everyones tastes, but good god i love mine!

[quote name='OldGit' post='896404' date='Jul 16 2010, 11:38 AM']I'm very happy with my gear but, dear Genie, may I have an endless supply of decent sized appreciative audiences, please.[/quote]

damn good point! its coming slowly though!! lol