Why become a member? ×

ZELLER 3/4 DOUBLE BASS *** SOLD ***

7string

I've been trying to decide whether to sell my upright to finance a new electric bass. Well now I've decided and my whole double bass package is now offered for sale.

However, instead of jumping onto eBay, I thought I'd offer it here for a couple of days first...

So here we have an Andreas Zeller, 3/4 size double bass of solid wood construction. This is the most common size for double bass as the 4/4 (full size) versions are simply massive !! I bought the bass early this year from the very helpful Glasgow Violin Shop. The bass is already fitted with a bridge pickup, the 1/4" out of which can be seen just below the bridge. Not only that, but the bridge itself is adjustable using the thumbwheels in each leg of the bridge. The bass stands approx 6 feet tall (180cm)without the spike being extended and has a scale length of 41" (104cm).

Also offered for sale is the bow from Upton Bass in the USA. This bow is in the French style and has a 100% ebony frog, stainless steel wrap and un-dyed black horsehair. I bought this as it was highly recommended by players in the USA.

Finally, is the Ingles stand also from Upton Bass in the USA which you can see in the photos. This stand has a handy bow holder (again, see photos) is fully adjustable and keeps your bass ready to play. It also saves having to lay the bass down and exposing it to the dangers of being stood on and tripped over.

Here some photos:

[b][size=5]So in summary:[/b][/size]

[list][b][size=5][color="#FF0000"]Andreas Zeller 3/4 size double bass, fitted with an adjustable bridge and a bridge pickup !!

French style bow from Upton Bass in the USA. 100% ebony frog, stainless steel wrap and un-dyed black horsehair !!

Fully adjustable Ingles double bass stand from Upton Bass in the USA[/color][/size].[/b]
[/list]

[size=4][b][color="#0000FF"]This double bass, bow and stand are offered for sale as a package. The bass itself is in great playing condition, the bow and stand are as new !![/color][/b][/size]

[b][size=5]The price for this whole package is £1000 o.n.o.[/size] [size=3]I have a letter from The Glasgow Violin Shop valuing the bass for insurance purposes at £1450.[/size][/b]

[i][size=4]Please note that, unfortunately, pieces will not be sold separately[/size][/i]

[b][color="#FF0000"]If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me, either through Basschat by PM or posting on this thread, by e-mail at [email protected] or by phone on 0785 234 8166[/color][/b]

[size=4]Collection is preferable or I will deliver, free of charge, within a 100 mile radius of Glasgow or £30 nationally either on or before 3rd December. Otherwise, it would have to be after 14th December (due to availability of transport). This date, however, (14th December) may change but I will keep the new buyer fully informed.[/size]

Edited by 7string

I've now changed the delivery information to include the whole of the UK.

Delivery is now free within 100 miles of Glasgow or £30 nationally. Deliver dates are on or before 3rd December, or after 14th December due to availability of transport !!

• 2 weeks later...