Why become a member? ×

Bass distortion pedals?

stingrayPete1977

One of the bands I play in at the moment do, Song 2-Blur and Cardigans-Favourite game.I have a little zoom multi effects unit and to be fair its got some good sounds but I only ever use it as a stage tuner anymore from the tuner out on my head because the bypass is not true unless its in tuner mode, So even if you cancel all settings to one patch and save that as A1 it still cuts a bit of your sound which for two songs we dont always do there is no point putting it inline plus if you tread on one of the pedals by accident you end up with some crazy sounds in the middle of Oasis! What im thinking is just one old school pedal maybe a Boss overdrive or similar that I can just throw in when needed. No daft settings or recording functions etc just plug it in and away.So what will give me a massive fat filthy distortion? Im sure I have a boss HM-2 pedal to try but I cant find it (probably lent to some guitarist in the 90's never to be returned?)Suggestions please,Thanks :)

Thanks guys I will have another look for the HM-2 if you think it will work,Im sure I have it somewhere and its worth a few quid looking on ebay the other day.Im intriguedabout these pickles though so a bit of googleage later on those too,Im not sure about a fuzz as such more of an actual distortion my Genz head can get fairly raunchy just with the valve driven hard but Im defo after more than that for Song 2 at least.Thanks again, anymore ideas are welcome.