Why become a member? ×

SOLD Precision bass

Protium

That's mean! You 1st make me drool over the awesome job in the builds thread...then you sell it...for peanuts!
That's one P-bass with attitude...but alas I'm savin for my 1st trip abroad to Spain.
You COULD have chosen to sell it later in the year you know! :)

Good luck with the sale, I'm gonna be envious of whoever buys this.

[quote name='Kongo' post='881500' date='Jun 29 2010, 11:42 PM']That's mean! You 1st make me drool over the awesome job in the builds thread...then you sell it...for peanuts!
That's one P-bass with attitude...but alas I'm savin for my 1st trip abroad to Spain.
You COULD have chosen to sell it later in the year you know! :)

Good luck with the sale, I'm gonna be envious of whoever buys this.[/quote]

You never know it might still be here!

BUMP!

[quote name='Protium' date='Jun 22 2010, 07:50 PM' post='874770']
Due to new projects this one has to go to make some space. Japanese origin (70's I think). Antoria neck, Kay body.

Upgraded tuners to Gotoh GB7's, hipshot 3-string retainer on headstock, completely rewired with high quality components (orange drop, switchcraft, alpha), fully shielded, MightyMite pickup installed at bridge (you can see this in detail in the build thread - a very very clean installation), new scratchplate and neckplate. Strung with fairly new Hartke strings.

Build thread here: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=92478"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=92478[/url]

Overall good condition, a couple of dings here and there. There is an area of laquer missing at the end of the headstock, but not bad for an almost 40 year old guitar. Set up is nice, 3mm at 12th fret. Frets are in very good condition.

It sounds massive, the mix between the two pickups provides a wide variety of tones. You can get a traditional P sound no problem all the way through to a very middy tone - perfect for cutting through a dense mix.

Looking for £150 posted

Pics:

[/quot

is the bass still for sale? also does it come with a hard case?
cheers