Why become a member? ×

Speaker cable question

GarethFlatlands

I have an old radio extension cabinet which houses an 8 inch Jensen speaker. My old Marshall combo had a y shaped connector with a 1/4 jack at one end for the amp and 2 spade connectors at the other for the +/- connectors on the speaker.

I'm looking for a similar connector for my new cab for hassle free wiring but I can't seem to find one anywhere! Does anyone know where sells them in the UK or what to Google to find them? This awesome cab has been sitting in my room for ages begging me to play it but I can't. Apologies if it's just me being dense.

No reason to post pics but look how cool it looks.

Might be hard to find off the shelf, but the parts are easy to get. Maplin/Farnell/RS/etc should sell all the bits and pieces you need (two spade connectors, a jack and some cabling). If DIY isn't your thing, [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showuser=12"]OBBM[/url] might be able to make you up something.

[quote name='~tl' post='868086' date='Jun 15 2010, 03:35 PM']Might be hard to find off the shelf, but the parts are easy to get. Maplin/Farnell/RS/etc should sell all the bits and pieces you need (two spade connectors, a jack and some cabling). If DIY isn't your thing, [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showuser=12"]OBBM[/url] might be able to make you up something.[/quote]

Thanks, I might hit him up for something or get a carpenter to do me a back for the cab with a cut out for a jack plate. I just figured it would be easier to get a simple connector but I reckon I can DIY something from a jack-jack speaker cable if needed.