Why become a member? ×

Reflex Red pots

Ou7shined

I'm cleaning up my fretless J project and want to replace the old scratchy pots but thoughtfully they don't have any values written on them just the word "reflex". I have read on tinterweb that they are the same as EMG active pots therefore should be 25k logs. Can anyone confirm or dispel this convenient theory/rumour?

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='95157' date='Nov 27 2007, 04:13 PM']I'm cleaning up my fretless J project and want to replace the old scratchy pots but thoughtfully they don't have any values written on them just the word "reflex". I have read on tinterweb that they are the same as EMG active pots therefore should be 25k logs. Can anyone confirm or dispel this convenient theory/rumour?[/quote]

They are almost certainly log. If they're active pickups they're very likely 25k; if they're single coil passives more like 250k . If you want to send me one I'll measure it and tell you for sure.

[quote name='bremen' post='95167' date='Nov 27 2007, 04:25 PM']They are almost certainly log. If they're active pickups they're very likely 25k; if they're single coil passives more like 250k . If you want to send me one I'll measure it and tell you for sure.[/quote]

Oops forgot about this thread. :huh:

Thanks for you kind offer bremen. I ended up measuring them myself and they turned out to be 8k :) . After a massive amount of fecking about in Maplins (apparently they don't employ staff that either man the components counter or can even tell the difference between a capacitor and a potentiometer anymore - that includes the bloody manager!!! :huh:) I got 10k ones and a new cap. The 10k's work well but it means that the first quarter turn doesn't do much.

BTW I emailed your mate (using his info@... link) but he's never gotten back to me.