Why become a member? ×

DI on DHA Vt2 eq pedal

Just got one of these pedals of a very nice chap on this forum, and i just love it the pedal is never turned off it works so well for what i do(rock/metal). but and i know this may seem a silly question but what does Float and Ploat do on the DI swithc in know ground lift will emove hum but the others i have no idea.

also when using the pedal as a pre-amp for recording can i use the headphone soceket at the same time to get my own siganl to some headphones or would this cut the singnal to the desk?

cheers

Vic

[quote name='victor5string' post='864114' date='Jun 11 2010, 10:29 AM']Just got one of these pedals of a very nice chap on this forum, and i just love it the pedal is never turned off it works so well for what i do(rock/metal). but and i know this may seem a silly question but what does Float and Ploat do on the DI swithc in know ground lift will emove hum but the others i have no idea.

also when using the pedal as a pre-amp for recording can i use the headphone soceket at the same time to get my own siganl to some headphones or would this cut the singnal to the desk?

cheers

Vic[/quote]

hi Vic,

The DI ground lift has 3 positions, ground, float and ploat. Ground means the pin 1 of the XLR connector is connected to ground, Float means it's totally disconnected and Ploat means it's connected to ground via a 10R resistor and a 0.1uF cap. Its there to remove ground loop problems should there be any.

Yes you can use the headphone socket at the same time.

Dave