Why become a member? ×

Escape from GAS (at least for now - give it a month...)

Muzz

Following on from the giddy thread about my rig, I thought I'd share some bass giddyness. After a lot of basses recently, I've ended up with a really unexpected go-to bass, which is a bitsa Precision based on an SX bought on here as a beater. I paid less than a hundred quid for it, so I wasn't expecting much, but with some touring gigs coming up, I wanted a cheap spare. The neck was a Tangoed nightmare as thick as my arm, but the body was nice and light, and the sound plugged in was really, really good. So, after a bit of pondering, I Ebayed a MM maple neck for £78, a Schaller 3D bridge and a black scratchguard, and had Steve at PMT in Salford set it up for me. Result: the best Precision I've played: tons of growl, tons of zing and lovely and light. There's a picture of it in my avatar (complete with chav decal). The Stingray is (and all the others are) now second fiddle to a bass which set me back about £220 all in. :)

Funny how, after spending several grand on basses, the cheapest one of all ends up being the best for me... :rolleyes: