Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Me on the BBC

Franner

[url="http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wqj3"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wqj3[/url]

The name of the band is Supertonic Sound Club and we traveled over about 2 weeks ago to put the tracks down for Mark Lamarr's 'God's Jukebox'. Rented the gear and didn't know what I was getting. A 4x10 Ashdown arrived and I was a little disappointed. Just looking at the Ashdown sight now, it was a Klystron C410H. I've got my Modulus Jazz going through it and for a speaker cab boasting 4 x 10's, there wasn't much in the way of tonal variety. Anyway, it was loud enough and the engineers did a good job on the mix after. You can hear the tone at the breakdown of the last tune "Whoop Whoop". Anyway, please give it a listen and provide some feedback if you've got time. There's a couple of fluffs here and there but the pressure of one-take recording got to me a little and the little voice telling me there's no way I'm gonna make the next bit. We're on in and around the bottom of each hour give or take a few minutes but give the whole show a listen cause there's some great music choices by Lamarr and his listeners.

Happy evening,

G

Thanks lads,

We're based out of Dublin but with a couple of different nationalities involved. Raggae legend Dave Barker is featured on the 1st track on the show. I never got to hear the bonus track because I'm region restricted on the iPlayer.

[quote name='Franner' post='855262' date='Jun 2 2010, 07:37 PM']Thanks lads,

We're based out of Dublin but with a couple of different nationalities involved. Raggae legend Dave Barker is featured on the 1st track on the show. I never got to hear the bonus track because I'm region restricted on the iPlayer.[/quote]

Don't think it is on the iplayer - should be at the bottom of the page you linked to.

[quote name='Mykesbass' post='855306' date='Jun 2 2010, 08:09 PM']Don't think it is on the iplayer - should be at the bottom of the page you linked to.[/quote]

Still only available in the UK unfortunately. I'll think of a way of hearing it somehow.