Why become a member? ×

Ian Parker Trio in France

Steve A

Me on bass Saturday 22nd May 2010 ... Innovation Honeys, Gage Realist, HD systems LCM100 mic, Markbass amp and Bergantino HT112 cabinet.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anAFytkTvrs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anAFytkTvrs[/url]

Edited by Steve Amadeo

Thanks very much. Like 'em a lot. Nice and warm but can still get some growl out of them. I'm having a Fishman Full-Circle installed right now so can't wait to try that combination. The David Gage has a huge bottom so am wanting to compare that to the Fishman.

Edited by Steve Amadeo

I kind of miss the Honeys. The Evah's are clearer but a bit too rubbery feeling, I tend to dig in and it can feel like bows and arrows sometimes. Maybe the Evah meds would have been a better choice although they talk about the tension increasing on the weichs as they get older. Time will tell.

The Full Circle seems a great pup. I'm not far behind you on that one.

Great. I played a bass in Germany in December after the neck snapped off my bass due to the extreme cold weather. The bass I played had a full-circle pickup and a set of Evah's (although not sure exactly which ones) and sounded lovely. Very natural sounding in the mix and comfortable to play.