Why become a member? ×

TRADED! - Overwater Progress III Deluxe 5

NJE

Because of some work and finance problems I have very reluctantly put this up for trade. I need a bass to replace it, so I know its a long shot but I would like to potentially do a trade with some cash my way to help my situation out.

As the title says this is a Overwater Progress III Deluxe 5. It was made in 2002 and is 36” scale length with 24 frets, it has an American walnut body with burr maple top and matching headstock. The B is frighteningly good and tight and having gone from 34" to the 36" I can honestly say that I barely noticed any difference. It must be something to do with the ergonomics but it doesn't feel a long reach at all and I find it easier to play than my best friends 35" Lakland 55-05.

It has a couple of very small marks but no big dings or loss of finish etc and has been very well looked after. It is quite simply the most beautiful bass I have ever played and owned rivaled only by a GB Spitfire I played several years ago. It plays like a dream and the build quality is stunning, I shall be sad to see it go.

As I said it might be a real long shot but I would love to do a trade with some cash my way and am ideally looking for something like:

MusicMan Stingray / Sterling
Fender Jazz
G&L
Lakland JO

It doesn't have to be a 5 string and to be honest I would consider almost anything so please feel free to PM me with any questions you have and any potential trades.

Here are some recent and older pics from previous owner (hope you don't mind)

[attachment=50496:Overwater_4.jpg]
[attachment=50497:Overwater_6.jpg]
[attachment=50498:Overwater_3.jpg]
[attachment=50499:Overwater_7.jpg]
[attachment=50501:IMG_2485.JPG]
[attachment=50502:IMG_2500.JPG]
[attachment=50503:IMG_2483_1.JPG]

Edited by NJE

Thanks for the PM's and trade offers everyone. Managed to sort out an excellent trade and this went to its new home today. I am sad to see it go but very excited about its replacement, roll on tuesday.