Why become a member? ×

Yamaha RBX375

Alien

This would suit anyone looking for a backup bass, or somebody looking to try a 5-string for the first time

Twin humbuckers, 2-band active setup with pan and volume controls. Alder body, Maple neck, Rosewood board. 34" Scale, 24 frets. Finished in black. Body and part of the headstock are gloss, neck and the rest of the headstock in matt.

Nicely set up for the way I play, but it'll go lower if you need it to. The neck is fairly wide, and has a comfortable flat profile that makes it easy to play. Strung with roundwounds (can't remember what make) with a fair bit of life left in them. All told, in reasonably good condition except for a small chip on the upper body where the wood shows through.

The only downside of this bass is that it seems to have been painted with the stuff forensics people use, because it picks up fingerprints like nobodys business :)

[attachment=50329:PICT1017.JPG][attachment=50330:PICT1018.JPG][attachment=50331:PICT1019.JPG]
[attachment=50332:PICT1020.JPG][attachment=50333:PICT1.JPG] Chip on the body

I'll chuck in a gig bag too.

I'm after £120 for this. I would prefer collection, but I can post (insured only) at cost if need be.

Cheers

Andy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Alien' post='882126' date='Jun 30 2010, 04:44 PM']Price drop BUMP!

Surely there's some Yammy love out there?

A[/quote]

Great bass, ridiculous price. Part of me is hoping that this doesn't sell for at least 3 months and then I can snap it up! But that's just selfish. Have a bump on me!

[quote name='Alien' post='845412' date='May 22 2010, 11:34 PM']The only downside of this bass is that it seems to have been painted with the stuff forensics people use, because it picks up fingerprints like nobodys business :)[/quote]

I've got one of these in Silver and I tell ya, be glad yours is black!
It picks up fingerprints like no bodies business? Indeed...and the rest with it.
The area around the strings you rub against when slapping on mine needs a good clean every play. Dirt vacuum!

I have to say tho, these basses give an ultra meaty mid range punch with clarity to go. I've had much fun with mine until the day I stopped using it.
And the pickups make resting your thumb sooo comfortable you question why noone else does this.
The String spacing is nice also, people used to 4-string spacing will find this easy to play.

Come on people, It may not be a BB or a TRB but the RBX series is a LOT of bang for you money.

Edited by Kongo

[quote name='Kongo' post='885199' date='Jul 4 2010, 01:56 AM']I've got one of these in Silver and I tell ya, be glad yours is black!
It picks up fingerprints like no bodies business? Indeed...and the rest with it.
The area around the strings you rub against when slapping on mine needs a good clean every play. Dirt vacuum!

I have to say tho, these basses give an ultra meaty mid range punch with clarity to go. I've had much fun with mine until the day I stopped using it.
And the pickups make resting your thumb sooo comfortable you question why noone else does this.
The String spacing is nice also, people used to 4-string spacing will find this easy to play.

Come on people, It may not be a BB or a TRB but the RBX series is a LOT of bang for you money.[/quote]

Thanks for the props! Come on people, somebody's gotta want this surely?

A

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Alien' post='900621' date='Jul 20 2010, 11:35 PM']And another bump for another price drop.

A[/quote]

Woahahaha and my evil scheme is working. In a few months this shall be mine. Seriously, how is this still here? I thought £150 was a great price...if this thing had a Musicman badge but sounded identical people would be raving about it.

Yamaha RBX are a lot of bass for the money, but, i've worked in the paint industry in the Labs for 25 years. I notice that the finish on the headstock is not the same as on the body. It looks like someones attempted a re-paint (looks like its been brushed instead of sprayed, probably with a synthetic paint,which would explain the fingermarks). Its still worth the money m8 but i'd respray it. like i said still worth the price though. good luck

[quote name='hughesy' post='903454' date='Jul 23 2010, 06:20 PM']Yamaha RBX are a lot of bass for the money, but, i've worked in the paint industry in the Labs for 25 years. I notice that the finish on the headstock is not the same as on the body. It looks like someones attempted a re-paint (looks like its been brushed instead of sprayed, probably with a synthetic paint,which would explain the fingermarks). Its still worth the money m8 but i'd respray it. like i said still worth the price though. good luck[/quote]

Don't think so, it's all original as far as I know. The gloss part of the headstock is actually a separate plastic part, which is why it looks different.

A

[quote name='Alien' post='903853' date='Jul 24 2010, 11:04 AM']Don't think so, it's all original as far as I know. The gloss part of the headstock is actually a separate plastic part, which is why it looks different.

A[/quote]

Fender MIM basses use polyester finish for the bodies but polyurethane for the necks, probably something similar here.

(bonus bump)