Why become a member? ×

Dave Marks at Absolute

ShaunB

Last evening (Thursday, 20/05) Music Man hosted a great evening in Poole, Dorset at Absolute Music, my local store. Dave Marks spent three hours chatting, playing and answering questions... everything from technique to EQ and demo'd the 25th Anniversary bass with all it's bells and whistles.

Great fun, fab playing and brill swag!

A guy won a Sterling - and there were probs only 40 of us there, so a good chance to win.

A big thank you to Music Man, Absolute and Dave Marks, who is now truly an inspiration to a failing old mucker trying out some new techniques!

cheers,
Shaun

[quote name='ShaunB' post='843819' date='May 21 2010, 08:50 AM']Last evening (Thursday, 20/05) Music Man hosted a great evening in Poole, Dorset at Absolute Music, my local store. Dave Marks spent three hours chatting, playing and answering questions... everything from technique to EQ and demo'd the 25th Anniversary bass with all it's bells and whistles.

A guy won a Sterling - and there were probs only 40 of us there, so a good chance to win.

A big thank you to Music Man, Absolute and Dave Marks, who is now truly an inspiration to a failing old mucker trying out some new techniques!

cheers,
Shaun[/quote]
Ahhh cr@p. Wish I'd known. I was down there for the last couple of days, mind I might have got grief from MrsW for slinking off!! I got enough askance looks when I suggested I might wander off to the guitar shop I had seen on the way into town while she caught some z's after the journey (not sure why they were needed. I drove & she slept all the way!!!)

[quote name='ShaunB' post='843819' date='May 21 2010, 08:50 AM']Last evening (Thursday, 20/05) Music Man hosted a great evening in Poole, Dorset at Absolute Music, my local store. Dave Marks spent three hours chatting, playing and answering questions... everything from technique to EQ and demo'd the 25th Anniversary bass with all it's bells and whistles.

cheers,
Shaun[/quote]

Glad you enjoyed it - I had a great night too!

Will be back down before the end of the year for more fun... may even bring my drummer and do a rhythm section masterclass!

you can follow up my masterclass stuff on

www.rhythmmatters.co.uk

d