Why become a member? ×

2006 Fender Precision MIM Standard- SALE PENDING

cameltoe

Hello.

Due to the impending arrival of a Road Worn Precision, it's a shame I have to put up for sale my trusted MIM Standard Precision that has served me very well over the past two years.

Bought brand new from Craigs Music in Bodmin in early 2008, this is a 2006 model as can be seen from the diamond badge at the back of the headstock.

Finished in black, I tried to make it a bit more interesting than the usual black/white combination by covering the pickguard in graphite grey vinyl. This can easily be removed if desired.

I fitted Marvel straplocks, and as such I'll include those in the sale along with a grey/black fender strap.

I also fitted an extra string tree for the A string, as without these the A string rides quite high between the nut and tuner- most people either live with this or use loads of wraps around the tuner peg to keep the angle down. I just fitted an extra string tree.

Apart from that it's standard.

People say you can get good and bad Fenders. As far as I'm concerned this is a 'good one'. Neck pocket is extremely tight- forget the credit card test, this passes the paper test. Pickup has always been quite powerful compared to the other basses I have used, and I've never felt the need to change it. It's currently set up very nice and plays very well.

It does have a few small dinks, one very small one on the top of the neck, and two on the body. I've tried to photo these as best as I can. Nothing Major.

Recently strung with D'Addario XL nickels, plenty of life left, actually still need to calm down a bit.

I will include a worn, but still functional and well padded TGI gig bag.

Price is a firm [b][size=3]£250[/size], [/b]plus P&P or collect from St Austell, Cornwall.

Sorry no trades.

[b][size=3]Pics:[/size][/b]

[b][size=3]Dinks:[/size][/b]

Edited by cameltoe