Why become a member? ×

Gallien Krueger bi-amp problem

Hi

I got OBBM to make me a cable to allow me to send the lows from my 700RB II to my 2x15" and the highs to the bright box as I wanted to control the volume going to the bright box instead of just linking it.

It doesn't seem to be working the way I thought it would.

Does anyone have a bi-ampable GK speaker that lives near me that I can try to see if I have a faulty amp as I'm not getting anything going to the bright box?

my understanding of the way it works is that pins 1+ and 1- of the speakon were full range and pins 2+ and 2- are for high frequency so splitting them from the main conection to 2 separate outputs should be possible.

OBBM knows his stuff so made me a speaker cable to do just that but it doesn't give me any output to the high frequency section.

Nothing to do with the way the brightbox works - swapping the outputs over gave me a signal to the brightbox but not to the 2x15", switch back over and I get output to the 2x15" but not the brightbox

the 800RB had a separate output for the high end - don;t know why they didn;t allow this option for the 1/4" jack output

Edited by Delberthot