Why become a member? ×

Japanese Stratocaster 3T burst

On behalf of my guitarist. It's in Edinburgh if anyone wants to try it, and I think he'll let it go for £400... with original box, gigbag etc.

[i]Recently imported '58 reissue Fender Stratocaster Crafted in Japan (ref ST58-80TX). £425 or nearest offer.

Specs:
3 tone sunburst finish
Maple neck
Alder body
USA Texas Special 'hot' pickups
It's a strat so you know the rest. This model is from the premium range of Japanese strats. The standard models have basswood bodies and standard Vintage USA pickups. The standard models are on sale online (and in Edinburgh) for £480 new, so you'd be getting a superior guitar for a cheaper price if you buy this one.

This guitar has only been in the country 2 months, it's been set up to play by a guitar tech and is in immaculate condition. It's barely been played so is as new. My reason for selling is that I've been playing a Gibson for a while now and the strat just doesn't suit me, unfortunately. I'd keep it but I need to sell it to buy another back up for gigging and this guitar deserves to be played!

Many people feel that the quality of Fender Japan is comparable with the USA-made strats, and certainly superior to the Made in Mexico 'standard' strats. Check the numerous forums if you are in doubt. You cannot buy a Japanese Fender in a guitar shop in this country so these are hard to come by unless you import them yourself.

This guitar will cost you about £450 to import yourself and more if you buy it from an online dealer. You're welcome to try before you buy, something you can't do before you import it so it pays to try this one first, and you'll be saving a little bit of money. No time wasters please. Happy to answer queries. [/i]