Why become a member? ×

Hartke 5410 Combo Review

jamesbass116

Ok here's my review of The Hartke 5410c. A quick couple of bits of info..

The amp weighs in at about 105 pounds which is seriously heavy. But it makes up for its weight with its tone.

Paid [b]£799[/b]. In my eyes, a very good price for a brand new, top of the line 4x10 combo amp

[u][size=2][b]Features:[/b][/size][/u]
Well, It has a very simple layout, 3 band EQ; Bass, Mid, High. a limiter switch and a brite switch for any bright as you like mark king-esque slap solos. The layout is perfect for me, a still young, barely semi-pro bassist but I think more eperienced people would like greater options while adjusting tone.

[size=2][b][u]Rating:[/u][/b][/size] 8

[u][size=2][b]Sound Quality:[/b][/size][/u]
In terms of sound quality, this is where I believe the 5410 comes into it's own... with it's hydrive speakers (half paper/half aluminium in case you were wondering), it really gives off that warm, thick low end and staggering, punchy high end. Volume isn't an issue either, cranking up to high volumes, none of the quality is lost.
To make sure this tone stayed constant, I used my active and passive basses andeven asked my friends if i could borrow their basses to try, (p-bass, musicman, I even mic'd up an upright and used an EUB) so the amp can deal with a whole load of different basses and sounds.

I also used it recently at a gig with my Fender active 5. The acoustics were shocking. But the amp, in combination with my thunderous fender 5 string managed to carry the sound right to the back.

[size=2][b][u]Rating:[/u][/b][/size] 10

[u][size=2][b]Reliability:[/b][/size][/u]
It has so far been used on about 20 gigs and while it's still young it's still producing flawless tones.

[u][size=2][b]Customer Support:[/b][/size][/u]
Found out about where to get this amp through Hartke UK after a major muck up with another company 'renowned for reliability'. The rep from Hartke UK acted as if I was the only customer in the world, which is fantastic for such a large and well known company! The Bass Merchant, the shop I bought the amp from, were also fantastic, fantastic communication and constant updates.

[u][size=2][b]Overall Rating:[/b][/size][/u] 10

As mentioned, it is unbelievably heavy, but the heavy duty recessed handles and the wheels make this amp far easier to transport.
It's the talk of my soul band at gigs, just due to its presence! massive silver grill with these 4 massive aluminium/paper cones sitting underneath.

Sorry if the review is a bit amateur (it's my first time!)

Thanks,

James