Why become a member? ×

American Boy

harvey1-8

Last month one of the function bands I play in spent a Sunday morning recording. We’ve been together since November and this was our first time recording as a band. We did 7 songs in 4 hours and our vocalists recorded the following Tuesday evening. I thought I’d share one of the tracks we did and see if I can get some opinions from the BC community. Hopefully they’ll be more constructive then that of a drunk punter.

American Boy – Estelle.
[attachment=49104:02_American_Boy.mp3]

[quote name='alexharvay' post='830453' date='May 7 2010, 10:42 AM']Last month one of the function bands I play in spent a Sunday morning recording. We’ve been together since November and this was our first time recording as a band. We did 7 songs in 4 hours and our vocalists recorded the following Tuesday evening. I thought I’d share one of the tracks we did and see if I can get some opinions from the BC community. Hopefully they’ll be more constructive then that of a drunk punter.

American Boy – Estelle.
[attachment=49104:02_American_Boy.mp3][/quote]

Sounds great to me.... My only criticism is that I would re-look at having the drums at least keeping a beat (maybe kick and hats) through the verses.... The function band I play with do this with this particular track and it keeps the punters on the floor rather than there being a bit of a low when its just vox and bass/keys playing....

Edited by crez5150

[quote name='crez5150' post='830461' date='May 7 2010, 10:56 AM']Sounds great to me.... My only criticism is that I would re-look at having the drums at least keeping a beat (maybe kick and hats) through the verses.... The function band I play with do this and it keeps the punters on the floor rather than there being a bit of a low when its just vox and bass/keys playing....[/quote]

The kick is actually there, it's just so low in the mix you can't really here it. It was one of my criticisms too. I assure you, it’s there when we play it live.

Thanks for your input.