Why become a member? ×

Mark Bass Studio 1

2pods

Has any one been using this at all ?

[url="http://www.markbass.it/products.php?lingua=n&cat=5&vedi=93"]MarkBass Studio 1[/url]

I downloaded the demo (times out in 14 days), and have to say I was impressed !
I found the amp and cab sims a lot better than my old PodXT Live with Bass pack.
Considering I was using the standalone version with my bass straight into a Emu 0404USB2 interface, on a standard Windows 7 pc running the usual everyday stuff at the same time, the response was instant.

Unfortunately, it's pricey here as opposed to the USA, so I think it will be back to the DI in two weeks.

Great while I've got it though :)

I'm going to take a look of this. It seriously gets on my nerves when ONLINE goods are cheaper in other places than here. I can just about understand why if i went into a shop in the US then it would be cheaper to buy something than here, but online? What extra costs could possibly be incurred for them!? Oh well i might get it if it's any good.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='829581' date='May 6 2010, 01:36 PM']Actually i just saw how much it was. Maybe not then.[/quote]

Did you try the demo ?

I agree re the price.
I was thinking £130-£140, not too bad, but £199 and over (some places are £223) is just too much.

It's a pity, but it must be selling OK if there has been no reduction in price.

[quote name='2pods' post='829613' date='May 6 2010, 02:07 PM']Did you try the demo ?

I agree re the price.
I was thinking £130-£140, not too bad, but £199 and over (some places are £223) is just too much.

It's a pity, but it must be selling OK if there has been no reduction in price.[/quote]

Yes i did, i like the sounds you can get with it but £200 is still too much. Especially considering you can get vst programs that will happily emulate several guitar AND bass amps for cheaper than that.