Why become a member? ×

GB Shuttle Q's

rplatt

Hey,

I got a few Q's about my Shuttle 9.0

1: Why is the mute switch the first thing in the chain? Shouldn't it be the last thing, after the master volume? Having it before everything means you have to turn down the master to set the gain correctly before clipping, and when using headphones you have to physically unplug the speaker cable to stop sound coming from the speaker .

2: It says in the manual to only plug headphones into the headphone jack. Would I be harming it by using an instrument cable to connect it to another amp, so I can have another speaker to add to the volume?

3: Would it be possible to plug a guitar into the effect's send jack so I can run a bass and guitar through it at the same time?

Thanks for any advice given

1. The gain IS set with the volume rolled all the way back. Trace Elliot uses this system in their amps for decades. Like lightbulbjim told you it's mainly for silent tunning.

2. If you want to plug in an extra amp use the FX send plug. The headphone socket is stereo and i'm not shure of what signal comes out of it, probably not suited to drive a pre-amp...

3. Don't you mean connect it in the FX return socket? Yes it is possible to do that [b]BUT[/b] you can harm your amp or speakers... don't actually know the specs of them or how will they react to the guitars high frequencies but i would advise you to play it safe and not to risk your gear. Go out and buy yourself a cheap 30-50W amp for that guitar and rock on :)

I play guitar through the amp all the time using the normal imput, just wondered if I could be potentially damaging the amp if I plug it in the effect's send jack.

I've also plugged in another amp though the headphone socket and it sounded fine, just wondering if I can be doing any harm.

Thanks

how can you link your guitar on to your fx send?!! it's a out link. you should be connecting it to the fx return socket! in that case only your power amp will be affected by your guitar signal. no harm to your material if your speakers are able to handle the high freq's
use your fx send to connect to the fx in of the other amp. doing that the pre-amp you have your bass plugged in wil be driving both power amps. good if your second amp has a poor pre