Why become a member? ×

ECC83 / 12AX7 pre amp valve/ tubes for sale.

Hi Guys,
I have a few ECC83 / 12ax7 and ECC82 / 12au7 preamp tubes for sale. These have been used for a few hours by me to test a preamp that I no longer own.

The Sovteks are NEW and are the type that are fitted in most amps today.
Price is £5 per valve and £2 postage.....I have 3 available.

[attachment=49448:DSC_0001.JPG]

The Sylvania are 'very low hours used stock' from the 1980's. These sound so much better than any new valve on the market today. The sound from these American valves are clean, bright and very detailed.
Price is £13 per valve and £2 postage....I have 2 available.

[attachment=49449:DSC_0002.JPG]

I also have two Electro Harmonix ECC82 valves that can be used to lower the gain by around 60% compared to the above ECC83s. These are also new.
price is £7 per valve and £2 postage.........I have 2 available.

[attachment=49450:DSC_0003.JPG]

Thanks. :)

Edited by voxpop

[quote name='OldG' post='832769' date='May 10 2010, 06:59 AM']If the'on hold' turns into 'for sale again', I'd like these for my old Traynor Bassmate.

Cheers
Mick.[/quote]

Hi Mick,

The Groove tubes have been sold but I have just added a few more for sale. Check them out and if you need any advice please PM me.

Thanks. :)

[quote name='Jarhead' post='834043' date='May 11 2010, 10:55 AM']What would you reccommend for a nice distortion, quite vintage kind of tone?

Zach[/quote]

This next statement is a very rough guide to the various sounds that preamp valves give....

British valves like Mullard, Genalex and Brimar are warm, sweet and very smooth.

American valves like RCA, Sylvania and GE are punchy, bright and have a strong bass.

German valves like Valvo. Siemans and Telefunken are somewhere in the middle. They give a more neutral sound that I prefer.

I hope this helps............its great fun experimenting to find what suits you.

I prefer a warm preamp valve like a Mullard and neutral driver valve like the Valvo.

Also remember the gain can also be changed to suit how hard you drive the front end.

ECC83 / 12ax7 valves give 100%
ECC81 / 12at7 valves give 60%
ECC82 / 12au7 valves give 25 %

By swapping out different valves the gain can be changed to alter distortion or add smoothness. Any of the above valves can safely be substituted for another.

• 2 weeks later...