Why become a member? ×

Sandberg JM5 FT/PX Sold!

JMT3781

evening all

my second Shuker should be ready next week, thus my 5 string sandberg JM is now redundant as a back up bass, which is a shame really cuz its a beauty. The reason i have put this up for trade is because i dont know how people will feel about this one, i know these basses are popular in the BC community.
[b][/b]The Problem[b][/b]
basically, just over a year ago when this bass was my main instrument. I was sat behind the counter at work slapping away. Something daft happened, either a customer wanted summat or the phone rang.. either way, the bass suffered a drop. The result was a crack in the rear of the headstock (about 1.5cm long running down from the machinehead for the b string), and a dent in the side of the fretboard (the side that faces you when you play.) After much cursing the bas was rushed to a local guitar tech, who glued the crack and left it overnight. The next day more glue was applied. After that, the bass remained my main bass until my shuker arrived, so just under a year, and i never had a problem with it.
The other issue is that the battery compartment has been replaced with a much simpler design. This was due to the first one breaking, aswell as the replacement one sent to me by sandberg.

Gone gone gone gone
Anyway, the specs are
cream/tort
5 string
34" scale
vol/pan/treb/bass
passive pull pot
delano jazz + MM
9v active
rosewood fingerboard
side markers

TRADES
Im really not sure what people will make of this, but no harm in trying, its better than it sat in my wardrobe.
Any Markbass heads + cash your way (depending on model i'm after SA450 and above)
high end bass + cash your way
MarkBass cabs + cash your way depending on which way
1 x12 cabs pref a pair (plus cash your way)

Thats it really, ive only got one photo,more can be put up, i stress that anyone genuinely interested in this should come see it, as i want to be completely up front and honest with everyone, i know issues like this can be tricky.

Edited by JMT3781

• 10 months later...

[quote name='JMT3781' post='829236' date='May 6 2010, 01:05 AM']los of interest on this, i;m afraid its on hold for someone though[/quote]

hello would you like to trade with me this is my bass the detils are on the link i been look for a sandberg jm5 for uni and if you say yes you will make me soo soo so happy haha or if you would like to buy it you can have it for £1100

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SANDBERG-PM5-Custom-shop-/290552380180?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item43a6457b14"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SANDBERG-PM5-Custom-...=item43a6457b14[/url]

[quote name='rafael_bassplayer' date='Apr 4 2011, 07:53 PM' post='1188217']
hello would you like to trade with me this is my bass the detils are on the link i been look for a sandberg jm5 for uni and if you say yes you will make me soo soo so happy haha or if you would like to buy it you can have it for £1100

This thread is nearly a year old mate.I'm guessing this is long gone now...

Edited by Randy_Marsh

[quote name='4 candles' post='1188397' date='Apr 4 2011, 09:51 PM']james is a real honest guy, has loads of real nice gear and can play real good too, Looks after his gear too!
Bump for a GREAT BLOKE

Regards

Mark[/quote]

Lol Mark... Great bloke, yeah that's true hha, but I'm not sure the "looks after his gear part is deserved on a thread for a bass I almost ruined through carelessness lol!

Good to hear from you chap