Why become a member? ×

DHA VT3 Bass Préamp

dead

Hi

I'm really sad cause I received yesterday an used DHA VT3 Bass preamp (bought on this forum), unfortunately it have been chocked during the trip ...

the faceplate is twisted and the bypass has been pushed in the preamp, and I also fear that the valves may be out of order too.

can it be repaired ?

must I open the preamp ?

I have mailed this morning the seller but I have no more news from him yet, the carrier does'nt want to know anything.

I paid via paypal maybe they will repay me ... I hope so !

And I would also a manual to use it (when repaired) bcause it seems a bit complicated.

thanks

Edited by dead

[quote name='dead' post='823729' date='Apr 30 2010, 09:47 AM']Hi

I'm really sad cause I received yesterday an used DHA VT3 Bass preamp (bought on this forum), unfortunately it have been chocked during the trip ...

the faceplate is twisted and the bypass has been pushed in the preamp, and I also fear that the valves may be out of order too.

can it be repaired ?

must I open the preamp ?

I have mailed this morning the seller but I have no more news from him yet, the carrier does'nt want to know anything.

I paid via paypal maybe they will repay me ... I hope so !

And I would also a manual to use it (when repaired) bcause it seems a bit complicated.

thanks[/quote]

Happy to repair it if returned here. will give you costs before I start.

[quote name='DHA' post='823828' date='Apr 30 2010, 11:54 AM']Happy to repair it if returned here. will give you costs before I start.[/quote]

thanks for answer but I'll think repair it here will save 2 shipping costs, I may ask for a quotation, I hope (and I thnik it's only the bypass switch) and may the valves and not more ...

could you send me the schemas to repair it here and the manual please ? I've forgot to say that I'm in France.

I could open it and send you photos but I won't open until I have no news from the seller, cause I won't pay the reparation if not guily of the degradation.

[quote name='dead' post='823977' date='Apr 30 2010, 12:58 PM']could you send me the schemas to repair it here and the manual please ? I've forgot to say that I'm in France.

I could open it and send you photos but I won't open until I have no news from the seller, cause I won't pay the reparation if not guily of the degradation.[/quote]

don't send out diagrams

[quote name='DHA' post='825400' date='May 2 2010, 12:28 PM']don't send out diagrams[/quote]

ok i understand, i'va replaced the switch it seems to be ok but could you send me the manual cause don't understand how everything work, and i may have to change the valve i'll see ...

thanks

[quote name='dead' post='825496' date='May 2 2010, 01:50 PM']ok i understand, i'va replaced the switch it seems to be ok but could you send me the manual cause don't understand how everything work, and i may have to change the valve i'll see ...

thanks[/quote]

will need your email address before I can mail the manual and what model is it? what is the serial number?

it begins to smell very bad for me.

I have change the bypass switch, it seems work now

I used the send jack to plug to my amp : and the result isn't very good : when I move any pots the sound doesn't change anymore ...

So I tryed the headphone output and it begun to smoke in the preamp :) :rolleyes: :lol:

So I really don't know what to do now ...

[quote name='dead' post='827650' date='May 4 2010, 05:01 PM']it begins to smell very bad for me.

I used the send jack to plug to my amp : and the result isn't very good : when I move any pots the sound doesn't change anymore ...

So I tryed the headphone output and it begun to smoke in the preamp :) :rolleyes: :lol:

So I really don't know what to do now ...[/quote]

does not sound good.

Still happy to repair it for you but it now looks like it will cost a bit more.

[quote name='DHA' post='827978' date='May 4 2010, 11:37 PM']does not sound good.

Still happy to repair it for you but it now looks like it will cost a bit more.[/quote]

do you have an idea of the price cause it will cost me the repair and the shipping costs.

the total may be more expensive than a new, I'm disgusted.

[quote name='dead' post='828117' date='May 5 2010, 07:16 AM']do you have an idea of the price cause it will cost me the repair and the shipping costs.

the total may be more expensive than a new, I'm disgusted.[/quote]

can't give a price until I see it, but it won't be more than new. I hope you are not saying you are disgusted with me or the VT3? You purchased it second hand and it was damaged in the post and I offered to repair it for you then. You did it yourself to save money and now you are disgusted?

[quote name='dead' post='827650' date='May 4 2010, 05:01 PM']it begins to smell very bad for me.

So I really don't know what to do now ...[/quote]

do you mean the FX send or the main out?

if its the FX send then only the i/p pad will have an effect as you by-pass all the other controls. The main out is the one that should be used to go to the amp.

What did you plug into the headphone socket? If you plugged a mono jack into it to drive the amp then that might be the problem. It's meant for stereo headphones and a mono jack will short the left side to ground, not good. May only be the headphone amp that is damaged.

Edited by DHA

[quote name='DHA' post='828439' date='May 5 2010, 02:54 PM']can't give a price until I see it, but it won't be more than new. I hope you are not saying you are disgusted with me or the VT3? You purchased it second hand and it was damaged in the post and I offered to repair it for you then. You did it yourself to save money and now you are disgusted?[/quote]

oh no of course I'm not disgusted about you (you offer me you service as soon as you could) and neither your preamp (I've not tryed it yet) but because of the seller which send me the preamp with a very badly done parcel and does'nt answer to my mails now.

to every one here NEVER BUY ANYTHING from the member "UBERKATE" I'm really wondering if she didn't send me an already broken preamp.

I understood that you can't give me a price but do you think it would be about 10, 100, 200, 300€ (sorry french guys speak in €) tell me in £ I'll make the conversion as well. cause the biggest problem is that I must send it to you so it will be expensive just to ship near 80£

could you show me on this photo which output should I used to plug to the power amp ?

is it the first one the left ? oh I begin to think that I'm idiot I plugged it with the send jack as I 've always plugged my preamp ... I'll try tonight when home

my headphones is a stereo one that was just for a test, if the headphones output doesn't work it doesn't matter.

thanks a lot for your help, I'm really happy to have bought your work ... be sure of it ... I'll be more when it works.

[quote name='dead' post='828460' date='May 5 2010, 02:17 PM']oh no of course I'm not disgusted about you (you offer me you service as soon as you could) and neither your preamp (I've not tryed it yet) but because of the seller which send me the preamp with a very badly done parcel and does'nt answer to my mails now.

to every one here NEVER BUY ANYTHING from the member "UBERKATE" I'm really wondering if she didn't send me an already broken preamp.

I understood that you can't give me a price but do you think it would be about 10, 100, 200, 300€ (sorry french guys speak in €) tell me in £ I'll make the conversion as well. cause the biggest problem is that I must send it to you so it will be expensive just to ship near 80£

could you show me on this photo which output should I used to plug to the power amp ?

is it the first one the left ? oh I begin to think that I'm idiot I plugged it with the send jack as I 've always plugged my preamp ... I'll try tonight when home

my headphones is a stereo one that was just for a test, if the headphones output doesn't work it doesn't matter.

thanks a lot for your help, I'm really happy to have bought your work ... be sure of it ... I'll be more when it works.[/quote]

yes, use the 1/4" jack marked main on the left. The two others marked red and blue should also work but will not switch between the red and blue channels like the main.

The FX send is for effects.

[quote name='dead' post='828491' date='May 5 2010, 02:52 PM']Ok thank you for those quick answer you're really great !

I'll try this evening if it works, I'll drink a great beer to you ![/quote]

Did it work?

[quote name='dead' post='828460' date='May 5 2010, 02:17 PM']oh no of course I'm not disgusted about you (you offer me you service as soon as you could) and neither your preamp (I've not tryed it yet) but because of the seller which send me the preamp with a very badly done parcel and does'nt answer to my mails now.

thanks a lot for your help, I'm really happy to have bought your work ... be sure of it ... I'll be more when it works.[/quote]

Eek, only just seen this. Thanks for bad-mouthing me before I've had a chance to sort this problem out for you.

I didn't reply to your emails and PMs because I had been in hospital for over a week because of emergency surgery - my appendix burst. I won't apologise for not avidly checking Basschat during this time since I was enduring the most agonising pain of my life.

I got back from hospital on Monday and emailed you back immediately to reassure you that the package has been insured (at my cost) for the full worth of the contents. I am currently in the middle of trying to sort out a claim for you. I need you to send me pictures of the box it was sent in (and the masses of bubble wrap). I believe it was a securely wrapped package, there was no room for it to rattle around, it had a clear 'fragile' and 'this way up' signs, and I could get testimonies of at least 2 other Basschatters to confirm that the preamp was in perfect working condition when it was sent to you. I have posted various pieces of equipment through eBay etc. without ever having a complaint. I have also received plenty of gear by post and I understand how to wrap up a package securely.

I believe the fault is with the courier company, which is a shame as I've used them without problem before. I believe these are the risks a buyer takes when having something delivered from abroad. I believe I did everything possible to make sure the preamp reached you in fine condition and I am trying to save you money now by sorting out this claim for you (I am the only one who can make the claim).

I'm truly sorry that the preamp hasn't reached you in working condition, but I wish you hadn't posted a comment such as above without waiting a for my response first.

I'm awaiting your pictures of the box and inner packaging so that I can send them in support of the insurance claim.

Edited by Uberkate

everything seems to be ok now I'll just chage the valves.

I'm about to built a footswitch for it, I've understand how to wire it but I would only like to know if and how I can power LED's for each fonctions ?

[quote name='dead' post='841079' date='May 18 2010, 04:26 PM']everything seems to be ok now I'll just chage the valves.

I'm about to built a footswitch for it, I've understand how to wire it but I would only like to know if and how I can power LED's for each fonctions ?[/quote]

I have explained before that this is a custom footswitch for use with a midi controller, a one off built to order for the original customer. Won't work with my footswitches and theres no power for LEDs.