Why become a member? ×

Aria SB505

Tinman

[quote name='BassBunny' post='11028' date='Jun 2 2007, 02:23 PM']TM, It's a shame about the lack of value attached to Aria stuff. As a converted guitarist, I got into bass by winning an Aria SB101 in a magazine competition. It's a bolt-on neck with a single active soap-bar and 3 band equalizer and it ain't going anywhere. It has a neck and action to die for and sounds amazing.
I've also got 2 Fenders and an Ibanez 5 string, but whenever I take the Aria out it always surprises me. The Gallery have an SB101 for sale at £329 and I would put yours as worth more than that from a dealer as it is a higher spec model. But dealing privately is always a different matter. When you consider you are looking for somewhere around the price of a Mexican P Bass, the Aria is on a different planet.

Funnily enough one of the 6 strings I couldn't part with is Aria's version of the Gibson ES335. It has so much sustain you can play a note, go and make a cup of coffee and it won't have died when you come back.
Good luck with the sale and whoever get's it will be getting a lot of bass for the money.[/quote]

Thanks BB.

It is a lot of bass for the money but what can you do when newer Aria stuff doesn't hold it's value like others, not that I regret selling it for that.

It needs to be used and if I kept it, it would just gather dust. I wasn't even using it as a back up.

It saw me through my transition from the dark side into the light but I quickly realised thru necks weren't for me, so I switched to bolt-ons. You're right about the neck though and I'm looking forward to having the same profile again on my Shuker.

That's a nice bass and a real bargain for the specification.

I can’t work out what’s happened with Aria. In the ‘80’s practically every music shop seemed to stock their gear and the SB basses were one of the most popular lines. Somewhere along the line the bubble seems to have burst (maybe not unconnected with the demise of the Matsumoku factory in Japan and the move of Aria production to Korea).

I’ve always wanted an Aria SB1000 and got in touch with Aria recently to get a price on the Korean-made re-issue model. I was stunned when they told me the RRP is £1,499. I’d love one, but there’s so much else you could have, made in Europe or USA too, for that sort of money.

I have played with this Bass all evening and I love it, its a great bass and I find it really easy to play. The sound is lovely. (just what I was after). Met the tinmans today and they they are a great couple. Spent an hour with them, lovely people.

[quote name='simon73' post='12758' date='Jun 5 2007, 11:33 PM']I have played with this Bass all evening and I love it, its a great bass and I find it really easy to play. The sound is lovely. (just what I was after). Met the tinmans today and they they are a great couple. Spent an hour with them, lovely people.[/quote]

Why, thankyou Simon.

I'm glad you like the bass, it's good to know that it's going to get played.

Pete