Why become a member? ×

5 Tracks on our new website.

phsycoandy

[quote name='crez5150' post='818274' date='Apr 25 2010, 06:25 PM']I think this shows I didn't spend long enough with iweb getting my latest venture up and running..... Doh![/quote]
apple iweb the idiots way to get a web site to look professional ish! piece of cake, just hours of jiggling!

[quote name='crez5150' post='818286' date='Apr 25 2010, 06:29 PM']Trouble is they look very similar...[/quote]you mean iweb sites I guess, well yes, essentially they are I suppose just glorified template sites, but with a lot more ways to make it more personal, hell im a complete novice and this is the first web site Ive done so cut me a break!

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='818293' date='Apr 25 2010, 06:32 PM']you mean iweb sites I guess, well yes, essentially they are I suppose just glorified template sites, but with a lot more ways to make it more personal, hell im a complete novice and this is the first web site Ive done so cut me a break![/quote]

Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go.... Mine is the same if you look at my hotsaucedisco.com site. I just wish the templates were a bit more varied to get a site up and running quickly. Has your site been up long?

[quote name='crez5150' post='818306' date='Apr 25 2010, 06:45 PM']Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go.... Mine is the same if you look at my hotsaucedisco.com site. I just wish the templates were a bit more varied to get a site up and running quickly. Has your site been up long?[/quote]
been working on it for the last couple of weeks, really enjoyed the learning curve! as i said im a complete novice so i was quite pleased with the result, I chose not to go mobileme as it was a tad expensive so that drew me into ftp transfers and the like, but i puckered up and worked my way thru.

Some helpful criticism:
Practice more, you guys sound very sloppy in places.
If you are going to cover a song like Valerie, it's probably best not to mess with the original version too much as this is what people at functions expect, the Amy Winehouse intro is instantly recognisable whereas yours sounds like the Rolling Stones...
Get your guitarists to invest in some tuners, Ruby is particularly bad.
Get your drummer to invest in a metronome, his timing is suspect, highlighted at the start of Honky Tonk and sex on fire.
Please don't take offence at these observations, you posted here asking for some thoughts and these are mine, however I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only one with such thoughts ie the people looking to book you. If you are marketing yourself as a functions/party band you are up against some pretty stiff competition and people have the luxury of shopping around on the internet and comparing bands now so whatever you put out there has to be top notch.
Basically, I think you guys need a bit more individual and group rehearsal, possibly some better gear (drummers cymbals sound a bit cheap) and realistic expectations of what the band is capable of achieving.

On the plus side, female singer sounds nice and bass is nice and thick!
craig

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the constructive critique! We realise our limitations and we need to improve. Valerie fyi was loosley based on the Zutons version rather than the Amy Winehouse version and goes down great. Personally I think we sound better live as we get great interaction from the punters usually, especially with Denise out front. Recording wise we basically had about 7 hours to get stuff down and mix it I think we should have tried less songs and given more time to the final mix and error correcting, but that was all the time we could afford at the studio. Still we seem to get enough good profile gigs and at the end of the day we enjoy it.